Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Tropfest Entry "Three"

So this year I decided to enter Sydney Tropfest. The TSI, or theme was "Change". When I heard it announced at the start of the year an idea instantly popped into my head. I knew what I was going to do and didn't even need a a real script which is how I usually work anyways. I'm not really into storyboarding. I prefer to keep it organic along the way. It can make the process longer and a bit frustrating but compared to wasting time storyboarding it kinda works out. I had the idea of a guy finding a $50 note and the decisions he faced. Should he go crazy, use it for good, or just leave it. I started building the sets in March and continued all the way through until October. The actual filming of the live actor (Jarrod King) was done in September. All editing and animation took place in late October. All the puppet filming was done over a few days. Like the shooting with Jarrod, I just did take after take until I was pretty sure I had enough takes and camera angles to get the film made. I entered with 40 hours to spare. So here is the end product. The editing could've been tighter, which I will do if I enter into another competition. Here is a picture of me with all the puppet sets to give you an idea of the size of the sets....

No comments:

Post a Comment