Tuesday, November 26, 2013

31012 Lego Time Lapse/Stop-Motion

It's been over a year since I last did a Time-lapse/Stop-Mo of a Lego set build. These are a labour of love but I am drawn to them as a great medium for animation and self expression. Something I like to do is add a little humour or a flimsy storyline to mix it up a bit. For this one I used workmen. If anything was lacking from my other builds, It was workmen! I do enjoy them overall. But there are problems which exist within this. I need to read the books days before the day of the build. This gives me a chance to pre-build a few things like furniture and trees. I found the first few films easy until I did the modulars. Now I benefit from that knowledge so it's great. If there was any advice I could offer right now - it is don't just open the box and film. Open it - read the instructions, build some of the smaller things that may speed up the filming. Some stuff is worth saving for the time lapse - some is just boring. Go though and assess.

No comments:

Post a Comment